This is an issue of Combo, Folha’s Games Newsletter. Do you want to receive it in your e-mail every Monday? Sign up below.
June is the time for the largest companies in the video game industry to make game announcements for the coming years. With E3 in the picture, the mood for the season has cooled. Today, publishers are dedicated to their independent activities and strive to maintain that spirit.
Last Thursday (2), it was Sony’s turn with Play of State. The Japanese company has announced the best PlayStation games of the coming months.
The state of the game is part of a summer game festival led by Jeff Cagley, which will take place this Thursday (9) at 4 p.m. The festival will try to take E3 place and this year will bring together dozens of third-party companies (non-console manufacturers).
Highlights of the event were the long-awaited remake of Resident Evil 4 and the release of the trailer for Final Fantasy XVI, the first game in the franchise’s main series since 2016. Both will come to the PS5 in 2023. .
One of the surprises is the release of the PC version of Marvel’s Spider-Man, following Sony’s latest trend, which has given up console exclusivity for some games, such as Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War. Spider-Man will be released on August 12 this year.
The new generation consoles offered by the PS5 and Xbox Series S / X are still not well defined. Due to the lack of electronic components, the consoles were difficult to reach consumers. So companies are still demanding a hybrid release – making the new titles available for the previous generation, both PS4 and Xbox One.
However, Sony will reveal some of its intentions in the coming years. One of the bets is the PlayStation VR 2, a new version of virtual reality glasses. The company has announced four games on the platform, including the expansion of Horizon Forbidden West, which was released for PS4 and PS5 in March this year.
But the Play of State has also focused on some minor titles. This player plays the role of a cat to solve the mysteries of a futuristic city, the story of “Lost” and the Indians of “Time: A Letter to the Future” and “Rollerdrome”. All three will be launched in the second half of this year.
The long-awaited sequel to the 2018 game, God of War: Ragnarok, has not received any new details. This title is Sony’s main bet this year.
In addition to the Summer Games, other companies also set a date to publish news. Microsoft’s Xbox & Bethesda Showcase event will take place next Sunday (12). The two most anticipated games of the company’s studios, Starfield and Redfall, have recently been postponed to 2023.
Electronic Arts has replaced the annual EA Play program with a focus on special ads. Last week, the studio released a new 2019 film, Star Wars Jedi: Survivors, a sequel to The Fallen Order.
Nintendo has yet to announce Direct for June – the last one was in February of this year. Ubisoft has also not confirmed that it will hold such an event this month.
New or old, the game’s board for you to try
If you’re looking for a cheap and not-so-simple game, Vampire Survivors is an indie name that has gone viral on Steam due to its complexity. Then the player controls the character through various cards, and the weapons are automatically equipped, and the monsters begin to appear gradually. The goal is to survive.
news, launch, business and other important things
- Sonic Frontiers won a six-minute video that showed the scenes of the new open world – the first “Sonic” of its kind – and how the fight would unfold in the game. The game will hit major platforms later this year.
- Nintendo released a new trailer for “Pokémon Scarlet and Violet” last Wednesday (1st). With new creatures and characters, the game will have an open world and multi-player capabilities for up to four players.
- Super Nintendo World, Universal Studios, a theme park based on the franchises of the Japanese giant Hollywood, will open in the United States in early 2023. One of the main attractions will be “Mario Card: Bowser’s Challenge”, a virtual version of the company’s racing game.
- According to Gamesindustry.biz, the PlayStation 5 has sold 20 million units worldwide. The console was released in November 2020 and was damaged by a lack of electronic components due to a pandemic.
- The Brazilian game ‘Blazing Chrome’ is now available for the Nintendo Switch (R $ 29.99). Released in 2019, the title was developed by JoyMasher and can be played on PC, PlayStation and Xbox as well. The game is inspired and played by classics. weapons, such as “against.”
- Producer Shinji Hashimoto retired from Square Enix last Tuesday (31). At the company, he was ahead of the main games of the franchise Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. On Twitter, the leader said that he now supports the work of the developer only as a fan.
Games and promotions that will be released in the next few days
- “SpellForce III Reforced”: BRL 199.50 (PS 4/5), BRL 184.95 (Xbox One / X / S)
- “Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II”: R $ 41 (Nintendo Switch)
- “Demon Slayer – The Hinokami Chronicles”: R $ 299.95 (Nintendo Switch)
- “Mario Streakers: League of War”: R $ 299 (Nintendo Switch)
- “Career”: R $ 349.90 (PS 4/5, PC), price not available (Xbox One / S / X)
Ads of the week
- The PC version of “Wolfenstein: The New Order” is free at the Epic Games store until next Thursday (9). Produced by MachineGames and distributed by Bethesda, the game revives the series that made the first-person shooting genre popular.
reading of the week
What came out about the games a paper