He became too big for his men.
The young boy began to show signs of puberty after inadvertently taking his father’s testosterone gel.
At the age of 2, Barnaby Brownsell grew his penis to “big”, grew exceptional hair, and had amazing muscles.
His mother, Erica Brownsell, of Brighton, England, used to look at her son’s body, noting that he looked like a 4- or 5-year-old boy, or jokingly calling him “Viking” and calling him “Samson.” ”
As Barnaby’s sexual nature began to develop at an early age, Braunsell soon became anxious.
“I knew it wasn’t normal,” the 43-year-old mother told Insider. “She would have a massive, stable erection and her height and weight were far from the charts.”
At age 1, she weighed 16 pounds and then gained more than 2 pounds a month. “It wasn’t fat, it was just muscle,” Brownsell said.
An anxious mother finally took her son to see a doctor in March, but medical experts were also surprised that the baby was getting older.
However, a blood test would show that Barnaby had as much testosterone as an adult, but other tests showed that his bone density was about 4.5 years old. The most common causes of too much testosterone – endocrine tumors or congenital disorders – have both been ruled out for Barnabas.
“It was very scary,” Brownsell said. “No one knew what was happening.”
Dr. When Tony Huls, a pediatric endocrinologist at Evelina London Children’s Hospital in the United Kingdom, asked a colleague if the child had received artificial testosterone treatment, he continued to look for the cause of Barnaby’s rapid growth.
“My husband [Peter] I have been using testosterone gel for several years, ”Brownsell explained.
Peter testosterone gel – like Testogel in the UK or AndroGel in the US – is born with a complex semen disease that is applied to the skin every day.
The parents shared the responsibility of caring for their son, as the “father with hands” looked after Barnabas in the morning, after using his medication.
“For two years of my life, I thought I was protecting and caring for him – in fact, his environment was polluted,” Brownsell said.
Dr. Benjamin Udoka Nwosu, head of pediatric endocrinology at Cohen’s Children’s Medical Center in New York, told Insider that the absorption of testosterone gel, which is commonly used on the upper arm and shoulder, “never ends.”
“There’s a little bit of testosterone left in the skin, even after a few hours of use,” Nwosu said. Those who are in close contact with the patient are at “risk of direct contact” with the possibility of testosterone leaking into the bloodstream.
High testosterone levels can be harmful to children because they enter puberty early, leading to acne, underarm and underarm hair growth, and the growth of reproductive organs.
The family is currently campaigning to raise awareness about the dangers of testosterone gel for children. Their goal is to see a prominent warning message and detailed leaflet instructions on testosterone gel packs in the UK.
Meanwhile, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has issued a warning sign since 2009 after more than 20 children were registered as having reached puberty at a dangerous age due to treatment.
The European pharmaceutical company that produced the gel did not respond to a request for comment from Besins The Post.
Fortunately for Braunsell’s family, Barnaby’s high testosterone levels were detected early and should have no effect on his health. His father decided to stop using testosterone gel to get rid of Barnaby’s hormone.
“The toxin effectively distorted his appearance,” he said. “We’ll never know what it should be like at 2 years old.”